Wednesday, June 13, 2012

From the Sketchbook Archives: Purple Ghost

This image is similar to a previous piece with the same theme. I've wondered several times if I were picking up on some ghost or ambient presence in the house where I used to live.  Both drawings were done in that space.  There was a definite other sadness to my experience with the drawing of each of these images.  I rarely got anymore information each time I drew other than that strong feeling of sorrow.

Recommended Listening:

{Inkwash}

2 comments:

Eddie said...

I'm enjoying the cute old man pout. Makes me want to give him my coat and feed him soup.

Loving the new profile image by the by. Very colorful and intense.

Campbell3555 said...

Thanks. This is one is much less scary than the other, and yes on the coat and soup. I hope that the next person that lives there is able to do that for that spirit. I don't feel like I resolved whatever it was in that house...and then suddenly it was my time to go.

Thanks on the profile image as well. I felt like I needed something fresh. I had a weird smoky interim one, but it didn't feel right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...