Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Belated Birthday Halloween!

I had intended to post this piece last week on Sunday, the anniversary of the release date of the original Halloween, but I ran out of time.  It makes more sense to post it today instead.  I spent many childhood and teenage years terrified of Michael Myers.  He would appear spontaneously out of the darkness in my nightmares.  It wasn't until my mid twenties that he ceased to be a recurring presence in my dreamscape.

I watched the original Halloween again this week and still find so many moments unsettling and creepy.  John Carpenter's Halloween was released on October 25, 1978.  Despite the movie's age, there is a sorrowful timelessness about it, a mythic  landscape of fear.  Of course, that relentless theme music haunts forever.  Thank You John Carpenter!

Happy All Hallow's Eve!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...