Sunday, September 16, 2018

Happy Birthday Mike Mignola

Mike Mignola has been one of my favorite artists since I first picked up the Rocket Raccoon, Incredible Hulk, and Alpha Flight issues he drew in the early Eighties.  His work has a mystique and mystery that no one else was creating at that time or in my opinion, since.  His style has changed much from his early eighties work with his later work at DC Comics, the Bram Stoker's Dracula adaptation,  and the advent of Hellboy.  I have enjoyed the journey through every stylistic iteration of his art.

His work has been hugely influential upon my artistic style and process.  I send this out in thanks for the literal years of entertainment and joy I've received from his work.  Thank you Mr. Mignola and Happy Birthday!

{8x5.33,  created in Adobe Photoshop}


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...