Wednesday, June 20, 2012

From the Sketchbook Archives: Dream Shard

Images I recorded from a dream / nightmare. I think the image was from a dream but turned quickly into a story upon waking.  In the dream there was a black rectangular cuboid that was very shiny.  At its base was a grotesque substance that looked as though the feeling of illness were given a physical form.  It was olive colored with dark eggplant purple bubbles emerging from it. It had integrated itself into a building and was sticking out of a brick wall.

The cuboid was slimy and dripping and I knew that it was causing a degradation in local reality, but I didn't know how to stop it.  I've had a cuboid in my dreams previously, but it was much more positive.  This one radiated illness bordering on evil.  At some point, I do need to create a painting or digital image of this thing.  Though grotesque, a very striking image.
In another portion of the dream, a Nazi bunker had been exiled outside reality into this abandoned pocket dimension of nothingness and cold where it basically snowed all the time.  The top part of the sketch is some of the stairs from the bunker.  In the dream, we'd somehow fallen into the horrible pocket dimension and were trying to escape before the door back to reality closed forever.  I can't remember if we escaped in time...

Recommended Listening:
Catharsis (2) and Drape Excrement
Lullaby For A Society
from Homo Homini Lupus

{Sharpie}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...