Monday, March 18, 2013

Zombie Bites New Abstract: The Red Power of Sekhmet

Sekhmet is the vengeful lion headed form of Hathor.  She is a daughter of Ra and her name means Lady of Strength, Lady of Power.  Sekhmet's aspect is of justice, bloodlust, and violence.  Here's an interesting video I found on correspondences with Sekhmet.

I knew very little about Sekhmet before writing this post.  I had a rough case of writer's block and was having a difficult time coming up ideas of what to write for this image.  I did a bit of free association and the imagery of Sekhmet quickly emerged.  Now its seems like that association was present all along and I just didn't have enough information to identify it.

I am intrigued that this connection to Sekhmet is emerging now.  With all of the work I've been doing recently with Geburah and Mars, I was curious as to a possible feminine counterpoint to the masculine energy.  I had been considering Hecate, but I find Sekhmet to be more apropos.  Although she is indicated as a solar deity, her aspects balance well with the correspondences of Mars/Geburah.  Thanks Universe!

Recommended Listening:

{Digital Images manipulated in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...