Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Thee Prison of Flesh

A friend of mine is in prison.  Thinking of the life he is forced to lead within those walls has made me think a great deal on freedom and what that word truly means.  I wonder at the pressurizing effects of that kind of incarceration on human consciousness. When natural movement is forbidden by physical restraint and social strictures, the feedback creates extreme intensity and behavior that otherwise might not exist within an individual. I wonder sometimes if there is a better way.


After a bit of research, I found some interesting information on Wikipedia on Incarceration in the United States.  A bit of heavy reading, but it answered some of my questions.  This train of thought has opened my eyes to the nature of crime and freedom and peaked my interest in a way I did not anticipate.  There is something here I feel the need to examine and learn from and learn more about.

Recommended Listening:
Drape Excrement
Sudden Death
from Homo Homini Lupus

{Digital images manipulated in Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...