Monday, May 21, 2012

Devil's Head III: My Daemon

This piece was simultaneously disturbing and satisfying as I completed it because I realized I was looking at a part of myself.  It is actually kind of a relief to see this darkness and recognize it as my own.  The feeling here for me was very similar to what I felt upon the completion of The Fear.

Tricky, this.  I'm not put off by it, or angry, or feel I should destroy it.  I just feel like I'm being shown something I needed to know.  Weird, hunh.  The other pieces created from this set disturb me more than this piece.  I dunno if that is good or bad or just is.  I guess there is less to be disturbed by when, no matter how twisted, it's your reflection you're looking at.
Recommended Listening:
Black Seas of Infinity
Porta Vox Umbra
from AMRITA - The Quintessence

{Digital images manipulated in Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...