Friday, June 08, 2012

Body of Light II: The Head of Baphomet

Again I return to the image of Baphomet, the enlightened beast.  This version seems a more earthy rendition and unlike my last, this time we only get the head.  The horns this time are dramatic and thick, much more like the horns of a bull than the traditional goat's horns.  Still, the light shines between them.

I feel the need to take some time to address how I view this figure.  Some may see any image of Baphomet as Satanic and/or evil, but I do not.  I see the figure closer to Cernunnos or Pan or Shiva.  My views of darkness and light have become much integrated of late and I see it all as part of a single continuum.  To me, Baphomet is the godhead of unification and merging.  Female and male, animal and man, symbol and divine being all rolled into one.  What better entity to describe the whirling chaos of life?

Recommended Listening:
Nick Cave & Current 93
All The Pretty Little Horses
from All The Pretty Little Horses

This is the second in the Body of Light set of pieces, all of which were created from the same source material.

{Digital Images manipulated in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...