Wednesday, August 08, 2012

From the Sketchbook Archives: Identity

The energy of creativity strains to free itself from the blockade of the singular identity, the limiting "I".  The blockage compounds the energy and it stagnates, becoming volatile and negative.  The Identity becomes a brittle frozen mask, almost devoid of any remaining humanity.

I will admit to a bit of cheating here.  The background on this one was kind of crappy because my sharpie ran out in mid sketch, so I filled it in in Photoshop post scan.  I prefer it though, as it more strongly highlights the contrast of the image.

{Sharpie}


http://zombiebites.blogspot.com/search/label/From%20the%20Archives


UPDATE 011014:

This piece was Exhumed and reinvestigated with color in January 2014.  Check out the Exhumed image here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...