Friday, November 16, 2012

Cloak of the Traveller


Dreaming, although nightmares tempt ergot.
Forest rowdies yearn my vortex,
all underground with green hair.

Danger almost never tries everything.
Forensics reads your mind, Voyeur.
Armored umbrage withers, gambling harder.

Don't always neglect this entryway.
Fearful reason you might venerate,
although universally we go here.


This piece reminds me of a gas mask or a medieval Plague Doctor's mask.  There is a strong air of surreality similar to the otherwordly entities from Grant Morrison's run on Doom Patrol. Heavy homage here, and in all my pieces in this style, to my favorite Vertigo Comics cover artist, Dave Mckean.

Along those surreal lines, the poetry in this piece was created by using variations of William Burroughs' cut up technique and Austin Osman Spare's Sigil technique.  I took a piece of writing I had done and cut up the text and reduced the rearranged elements to a set of letters.  I used this set as a template to create the text above.

Recommended Watching:

{Digital Images manipulated in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...