Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Featured Creature: From Beyond

Here we have some slithery dreadful thing from beyond.  Special thanks as always to good ol' H.P.L. for showing us the way.  My initial thought after finishing this was that it would make a great dark tattoo design, but I couldn't get this one done on myself.  I can't be creeped out by my own skin.  Nope, not gonna do it!

For the Toned version, I felt like this entity would come from a place with an atmosphere much denser than our own.  Some place with intense pressures and constant storms.  An unpleasant dimension to be sure.  Suddenly I'm reminded a bit of the weird creatures from Mimic.  This thing does kind of look like it should have something protruding from its mouth.  It opens up and the part that's going to eat you pops out.  Yeesh.

{Sharpie and Uni-ball Vision Elite Pen with tones added in Adobe Photoshop}


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...