Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Featured Creature: Bathroom Floor Zombie

Here we have another zombie from the ongoing outbreak.  This one seems pretty harmless, but beware the unguarded ankle!  That's why you have to check everywhere and under everything when cleaning out spaces for Z.  You never know where a half eaten corpse might be animating.  All it takes is one bite.

The Toned version of this will be up soon.  This one is heavy on the detail and is taking a little longer than usual.  See you soon!
 
{Sharpie and Uni-ball Vision Elite Pen with tones added in Adobe Photoshop}

UPDATE 12.27.12:

Here is the toned version of the bathroom floor zombie.  This one was a little slow going with the heavy level of detail and I'm still playing catch up from the bronchitis.  Here it is in its gory glory.  Hope you like!

I've been experimenting lately with more airbrush effects in the tones.  I feel like it changes the feeling of the space that the drawings exist in.  It also gives me several other textures to add to my arsenal.  With this heavier level of rendering, I'm discovering that I have to pull back some to achieve certain effects.  For example, I felt compelled to render the blood on the floor with heavy shiny highlights, but every time I started in on it, I felt like the zombie disappeared into the detail.  I chose instead a minimum of detail as the blood in this situation will have coagulated already and begun to decay.  Let me know what you think . 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...