Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Featured Creature: Deconstructed

My experiences in November and December of 2012 inspired this robotic piece.   I haven't approached any science fiction or robotic oriented pieces in the Featured Creature until now.  I guess I was a little gun shy as most of my work tends to be primarily emotive, mythical, or magick based.  I suppose this is still within the realm of emotive: a revelation about ego presented as fictional construct.


Of course the deconstructed Ego fights to preserve its existence, sometimes lethally.  This automaton still has weapon tools ready.  However, if you dip anything in acid enough times and it will have a difficult time growing back.  A nod here also to the weird skull thing left over after the Borg queen was dissolved in the final scenes of STNG: First Contact.

{Sharpie and Uni-ball Vision Elite Pen with tones added in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...