Friday, January 25, 2013

Zombie Bites New Abstract: Throne of the Moon

"The throne shimmered with an eerie glow as the aperture in the ceiling opened.  The full light of the moon fell in a fan across the chamber.  In that delicate pallor a figure was revealed.  It was nearly invisible in its transparency.  In the radiance of the throne I could see inside it as though I were viewing a living xray. 

Its massive form stretched to the ceiling of the chamber and through the opening.  The figure heaved gently from the exertion of its breath.  It wasn't human to be sure.  I could see the folds of its brain and a strange trunk like appendage that extended from within.  Its heart was a vague motion and its blood moved through air like glittering dust disturbed from a forgotten bookshelf.

I felt the weight of its gaze upon me and knew I had lingered too long.  I took several backwards steps towards the entryway, keeping my eyes on the creature.  The thing arced a clawed appendage toward me.  I raised my hand to protect myself, but felt only a rush of cool air as though a door had suddenly opened in front of me. There was an instant painful tingling in my spine and as I opened my eyes, I realized that I could see the bones inside my hand.

The effect slowly traveled up my arm, leaving cool electricity in its wake.  Soon, my hand was only a blur of motion and shortly after I watched my feet disappear.  My heart sparked with panic but was quickly silenced by a strange stolid apathy.  No longer burdened by the gravity of flesh, I floated toward the creature and then up, up into the moonlight."

Recommended Listening:

{Digital Images manipulated in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...