Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Featured Creature: Girl in the Shadow

"Franklin and I found the missing girl at the graveyard near Hadley Heights.  A faint mist had moved in after sunset and it danced around the gravestones as we searched.  At our approach, the girl seemed to be floating in mid air.

She was obviously no longer among the living and her clothes were shredded and ratty.  Her arms hung loosely at her sides and her legs seemed to fade into the darkness as though she were transparent.  Her head was at an uncomfortable angle as if she were hanging from a noose, but she was not near any tree or overhang.  At the noise of our movements, she slowly turned toward us.  Never moving her head, she moved her entire body to face us.  It wasn't until I noticed her jerky puppet like movements that I saw she was enmeshed in a transparent shadow.  I took several steps backward.  About fifteen feet in front of her, a thick black gel was pouring across the grass.

Franklin screamed and fired his gun into the darkness.  I trained my flashlight on him as I moved closer.  He continued to scream.  Long strands of the black gel were shooting up his leg and wrapping him in transparent tentacles.  He dropped his flashlight and it faded quickly in a haze of grey, absorbed into the thing.  He moved to shoot the jelly thing, but suddenly it absorbed the firing end of his gun and used it as a bridge to his chest and face.   His screams became more guttural and wet.  Franklin reached for me, but my heart sank as his hand disappeared into the jelly.  I ran."

{Sharpie and Uni-ball Vision Elite Pen with tones added in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...