Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Featured Creature: The Melted Man

"I did not realize it was present until I heard the hollow groaning of its breathing.  As I turned, it made a shrill moaning noise and retreated, its skin visibly boiling at the touch of my flashlight's beam.  I felt pity for the thing's suffering and moved my light away.  I only caught a glimpse as it struggled to escape, leaving a glistening trail of itself behind as it disappeared somewhere in the depths of the cavern.

The pungent stench of burning lingered in its absence.  Whatever curse burdened the poor wretch apparently included its effluvia.  When I cast the beam of my flashlight across it's trail, the remains also began to boil and smoke."

This piece was drawn during the last days of my bout of bronchitis during November - December.  My sense of self was under attack on several fronts and I suppose this was the inevitable spilling over into my art. The creature turned out a little chunkier than I originally intended, but I suppose a human melting would be less fluid than say, dish washing detergent.

{Sharpie and Uni-ball Vision Elite Pen with tones added in Adobe Photoshop}


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...