Wednesday, February 06, 2013

From the Archives: DC Comics Joker

Here we have a quick sharpie sketch portrait of DC Comics' Joker.  I was trying to bring in some elements I hadn't seen in the Joker while keeping the violent mania essential to the character.  I looked at Tim Curry as Doctor Frank n furter while drawing.

I've always been a little fearful of drawing the Joker.  I feel like the Joker turning to look you in the eye is one of those things you can't come back from.  My feelings have certainly been reinforced by Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight.  His was the only movie performance ever to truly make me uncomfortable in my seat.  When I saw in the theatre the first time, I found myself involuntarily backing away from the screen and shrinking in my seat.
 
{Sharpie}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...