Wednesday, March 20, 2013

From the Archives: Khamael

After this piece was finished, I spent some time crying in observation of it.  There was a question emanating from my soul and this image emerged as the answer.  I felt like I was seeing something about myself and the world, an undeniable truth, an irrevocable limit.  At that time in my life, I was wrestling with issues involving conflict, self-confidence, fear, and initiating action.

It makes sense to me now that I should draw the Archangel, Khamael as he governs Geburah, the sephiroth of courage, strength, fear, and judgment in the Kabbalah.   I didn't know much about the Kabbalah when I drew this, but I have learned much since.  I initially drew this as a representation of a dark character in a comic book story I was working on, but once it was completed I knew that it was something more.

{Sharpie and Prismacolor pencils}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...