Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tattoo: Vinnie's Celtic Bear


This final tattoo design, I created for my friend Vinnie.  Initially It was designed for his left arm, but he is considering having it placed on his back between his shoulders.  Time will tell.  He wanted a bear in profile surrounded by Celtic knotwork that was made of stone and covered in lichen.  The first bear image I created was almost a three quarter view, but Vinnie was concerned that it would be difficult to read as a bear once it was translated onto his skin.  I created the second bear image you see above to solve that problem.

{Digital images created in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator}

March 14th-17th 2013, Asheville, North Carolina will be celebrating it's Second Annual Tattoo Festival.  In honor of the celebration, from March 11th through the 17th I'll be posting a tattoo design each day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...