Friday, April 19, 2013

New Abstract: Osiris Emerging from the Cup of Bones

Like the Pair Dadeni, the Cauldron of Rebirth, here we have the Cup of Bones with Osiris emerging.

The themes of death and rebirth are very appropriate for me at the moment.  At the end of March, my Mac had a fatal glitch.  It didn't quite die, but the glitch caused the programs I use to create my art to become inaccessible.  The harder I tried to solve the issue, the more blockades seemed to rise up.  Add to this my annual pollen season sinus infection and my mental state rapidly deteriorated within the space of a week.  I spent a full week and a half in a state of exhausting near panic and fear for my future.

This past weekend, luck smiled upon me though and I am now the proud possessor of a faster mac with all of my art and design programs in place. Whew!    I feel as though I've walked through some kind of tribal initiation where you fast for X number of days and then the tribal leaders beat you with sticks or some such.

The past few weeks, I've felt as though I were trapped in the Cup of Bones, unable to escape.  My outlook had grown quite bleak but now I do feel reborn indeed.  Something good has happened in my life!  For the first time in a long while I feel...cautiously...hopeful.  A very delicate confluence of timing and right-place-right-time-right-people allowed this to happen and I am sooooo grateful!  Thanks Universe!

I am  going to do my best to get things back on track here at Zombie Bites as quickly as possible.  It may take me until next month to get completely back up to speed, but maybe not...my new computer is MUCH faster than my old one.  Thanks to everyone for all the kind words and thoughts during my illness and computer struggles.  Huggs to you all and thanks for sticking around!

Recommended Listening:
from Ai Ma Ra

{Digital Images manipulated in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...