Wednesday, July 03, 2013

From the Archives: Dream DiBit

These iridescent scarabs showed up in a couple of dreams I had long ago. They were about 3.5 inches long and about as thick as the width of a teaspoon.  The reproduction I've done here is close but I feel like it needs to be redrawn on black paper or some such.  I created the second image in Photoshop to get a little closer to their actual appearance and color from the dreams.  They seemed to have a black base color with a opalescent metallic sheen to them.

In the first dream, I was in an ancient golden temple.  It looked kind of Mayan in design.  There were several of the DiBits floating on invisible lines of energy.  I understood intrinsically within the dream that these small creatures built the world and that they were called DiBits.  It wasn't until much later that I found out what a DiBit was in the world of computing. That dream was the first time I had ever heard the word.

I also intrinsically understood in the dreams that the DibBits were the keys to accessing other realities as well as the keys to time and space.  In the second dream.  Myself and a friend had used a DiBit to time travel back in time and we 'crash landed' in depression era rural America, but the DiBit we had used burned out and we were stuck in that time. In the dream I tried a variety of different methods to revive the DiBit to no avail.

{Sharpie and Other Pens.  2nd image manipulated in  Adobe Photoshop}


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...