Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Featured Creature: Worm

"It moved through water like a bullet.  That horrible maw opened up like a balloon and I knew that the man who had fallen overboard was lost.  I couldn't see that it even had a mouth until it ate him.  I watched the thing swallow him in two even gulps.

In the moonlight, we could see the black waters were becoming full of the things.  Their white shapes darted about just beneath the surface.  If I didn't know better I'd say they were glowing.  There were so many of the things moving about underneath, the boat started to rock.  When they started hitting the underside of the boat we didn't waste any time.  We cut our nets loose and turned the boat toward land.  The Captain ran the engines as hard as he could without burning them out.

I never went back to that section of ocean again.  I turn down any tours that cross that spot.  There ain't no money worth it.  I hope that I never see that cursed island again."

{5.33x8, Created in Adobe Photoshop




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...