Wednesday, November 13, 2013

From the Archives: Zombie Profile Sketch

Here is a super loose graphite sketch of a zombie in profile.  At the time I drew this I was experimenting with a different technique from my normal style.  I was turning the pencil sideways from my regular hand position I use in an attempt to draw more loosely.

Often when I get on a run with my regular drawing style, I begin to get hand cramps from holding my hand in the same position for so long.  Here I was trying to find a different hand position to use where I could still make effective marks.  I don't feel like it is completely successful, but I did learn a lot in the process.  There are more sketches to come done in this looser style.

{8x5.33, Graphite on drawing paper}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...