Saturday, December 21, 2013

Saturday Sketch: Classic Mephisto


I always found something very unsettling about Mephisto whenever he'd show up in a classic Marvel Comics story.  Beyond the fact that the implication was that he was THE Devil, his presentation was always creepy.  All these years I've never been able to put my finger on it exactly.  

Maybe it was the way John Buscema always drew him relaxing on his throne amidst the blazing flames of Hell.  I still don't know exactly what it is about this guy.  Regardless, here's a sketch of classic Mephisto.
{2.5x3.5,  created in Adobe Photoshop}

I claim no copyright for the properties represented in the Saturday Sketches.  All copyrights and trademarks are retained by their respective owners.  I make no money from what I am presenting here.  It is presented for portfolio purposes only.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...