Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday Sketch: Belasco's Citadel

There are very few shots of Belasco's citadel within the issues of the Marvel Comics limited series Magik.  Drawn by several different artists, each version they drew of the citadel was different.  I took several images of the citadel as reference and married them all together.  

In the first issue, after rescuing her from Belsaco, Storm enters Illyana Rasputin's mind.  There she sees a castle that is a manifestation of Belasco's influence.  As everything within Limbo reflects the will of its ruler, Belasco at that time, I used that image as my measure to fill in the gaps.  I also noticed that the images of the citadel had some similarity to the Skeksis castle from The Dark Crystal so I added that to my reference as well.

{2.5x3.5,  created in Adobe Photoshop}


I claim no copyright for the properties represented in the Saturday Sketches.  All copyrights and trademarks are retained by their respective owners.  I make no money from what I am presenting here.  It is presented for portfolio and appreciation purposes only.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...