Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday Sketch: Original Jack O'Lantern

To celebrate the Halloween season, all of my Saturday Sketches for this month will have some kind of connection to to the darksome holiday.  This week we have Jason Macendale, the Original Jack O'Lantern.  He first appeared in Machine Man #19, but later became a regular Spider-man villain.  

It wasn't until I began research for this piece that I found out he originated in Machine Man.  The first time I saw this character way back in Amazing Spider-man #254,  I immediately wanted more.  He has a flaming Jack o'lantern head!  What's not to love?!  I do have to admit a certain amount of inspiration from this character for Jack, the villainous force behind last year's Night of the Cauldron.

{2.5x3.5,  created in Adobe Photoshop}



I claim no copyright for the properties represented in the Saturday Sketches.  All copyrights and trademarks are retained by their respective owners.  I make no money from what I am presenting here.  It is presented for portfolio and appreciation purposes only.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...