Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Featured Creature: Autumn Winds

With this week's creature, we're taking a brief respite from the Zombie outbreak and paying homage to the Halloween paraphernalia from the early twentieth century.  I've always enjoyed the rustic feel of those old Halloween decorations and cards.  They seem so odd to me.  I am fascinated by the jigsaw logic of putting a Jack-o-lantern head on a ghost body.  Fun stuff!


Here we have a strange spirit playing in the autumn winds.  Perhaps this is a more friendly cousin of Jack's or maybe this is still Jack playing more treat and less trick.  When I have more time, I may go back into photoshop and add color to this one.  It really is hungry for it.  

{Sharpie and Uni-ball Vision Elite Pen with tones added in Adobe Photoshop}


UPDATE 12.11.12:

Here is the original color scan of Autumn Winds.  I drew this in the experimental method I developed using purple and yellow sharpies.  After posting a recent Featured Creature draw in the same method, I wanted to share the original on this one as well.  Enjoy! 
 




UPDATE 010413:

This piece was Exhumed and reinvestigated with color in October 2013.  Check out the Exhumed image here.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...