Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Featured Creature: Three Tongue

Here we have the first Featured Creature of the 2013, a creepy little three tongued spikey demon.  I suspect he is a demon of lying or maybe gossip.  I dunno.  He's not telling me he just keeps making these horrible snorting noises.

I feel like this is my first serious color piece within the featured creatures.  I'm not discounting the Devil in the Moon or December's Snake Demon,  it's just that those two feel like warm ups.  Something magickal happened with this piece when I added the last couple of layers of color.  I guess what it boils down to is that this piece feels closest to the quality I'm aiming for with the toned pieces.  I feel like this one has 'it'.  When I was finished with the color layering, three tongue wouldn't shut up until I gave him the circle frame to hang out in.  Demons, yeesh.

By the way, Happy New Year!

{Sharpie and Uni-ball Vision Elite Pen with tones added in Adobe Photoshop}

2 comments:

Eddie said...

I love the almost candy coating this little guy seems to have. But would he be a hard candy or a gummi? Heh, who am I kidding? With that tongue it would DEFINITELY be gummi : )

Also, I'd say you just found a good candidate for your favicon too!

Campbell3555 said...

Oh Great! Now the circle frame is just a plate that he's being presented on. LOL and ewwwww.

OOooooOOOo Yes on the favicon! Good idea Sir!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...