Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tattoo: Skull worm





I originally posted this image back in 2011.  I drew this piece as an homage to the work of H.R. Giger.  When I began adding color to this piece I intended to approach it with a Giger style but changed my mind.  I felt if someone wanted a Giger-esque skull worm, they should get an actual H.R. Giger skull worm.  I cannot compete with the master.  After playing a bit in Photoshop, I ended up with a red hot skull worm and then the strange mandala above.  I wasn't sure if the mandala was maybe a little too convoluted for a tattoo design, but I figured I would include it anyway for the sheer psychedelic goodness.  :-)  Enjoy!


{Sharpie with color added in Adobe Photoshop}

March 14th-17th 2013, Asheville, North Carolina will be celebrating it's Second Annual Tattoo Festival.  In honor of the celebration, from March 11th through the 17th I'll be posting a tattoo design each day.  If you see anything here you would like to use as a tattoo, please feel free.  If you do end up using something, please send me a pic of the finished tat so I can see what it looks like on the flesh. :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...