Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tattoo: Valknut


I was attracted to drawing the the Valknut initially because of the design aspects, but I've always had an interest in Norse imagery and mythology.  I also enjoy celtic knotwork so that was how I approached this piece.  However, looking at some of the history of this symbol, I may do another piece of the Valknut as the Borromean rings.

{Created in Adobe Photoshop}


March 14th-17th 2013, Asheville, North Carolina will be celebrating it's Second Annual Tattoo Festival.  In honor of the celebration, from March 11th through the 17th I'll be posting a tattoo design each day.  If you see anything here you would like to use as a tattoo, please feel free.  If you do end up using something, please send me a pic of the finished tat so I can see what it looks like on the flesh. :-)


UPDATE 011515:

A variation of this piece is available as a tshirt or other paraphernalia at my Neatoshop.  Drop by and check it out!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...