Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Featured Creature: For You

Love is a sweeting fruit
of a tender given nature.
Love leads us
into the gentler afternoon sunlight.
Love leads us
into lush valleys greening with spring.
Love asks of us only that we follow,
only follow.

We follow Love off the highest cliff,
we follow Love through the clouding rain,
we follow Love into the valleys of shadow.
We follow by hook,
we follow by crook,
we follow Love into the abattoir
and hold in our hands
its sweet trembling fruit.

Oh Love,
Oh Love,
Oh Love,
See how I Love?
See how I Love you, My love?
I will walk through this Love, My love,
only for you,
Love.

---

I re-toned this piece several times before coming up with something I liked.  Every try looked flat and lifeless.  It wasn't until I added the halo on the fire hair that it all made sense.
 
{Sharpie and Uni-ball Vision Elite Pen with tones added in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...