Friday, January 17, 2014

Exhumed: The Visitors


Here we have another image that was originally posted at Trail of Breadcrumbs, but I feel like this one is just creepy enough to fit in here at Zombie Bites.  I don't know if it's because I've watched The Thing too many times, but there is something about a snowy landscape that fills me with an innate sense of dread and fear.  I guess it's that life is minimized in that climate.  Most everything is either asleep or dead.  So who are these figures come across the snowy wastes?  Are they the sleeping or the dead?  Who goes there?

With this reinvestigation, I wanted to capture the motion of snow as well as the simultaneous depth and flatness that snowstorms have.  This piece also presented a lighting challenge for me as I tried to capture the odd omnipresent lighting of a snow filled day.  I do not draw snow often enough, but this piece is very inspiring in that respect.  There will be more eventually.  Hmm, I just realized that I've never drawn a Yeti...


{8x5.95,  Sharpie with color added in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...