Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday Sketch: Original Magik / Illyana Rasputin

Here is the final sketch from the Magik set: Illyana Rasputin as she appears at the end of the Magik limited series and the beginning of New Mutants #14.  Illyana has always been one of my favorite characters in the Marvel Universe and this re-examination of her origin story has just made me love her more.

I'll admit to putting a bit more of extra time into this piece than the others.  It was the final piece in the set and...it's Illyana.  There's more Illyana to come when I explore the New Mutants later on, but with the Magik set complete, I'm going to give Marvel characters a break and focus on DC for a while.

{2.5x3.5,  created in Adobe Photoshop}



I claim no copyright for the properties represented in the Saturday Sketches.  All copyrights and trademarks are retained by their respective owners.  I make no money from what I am presenting here.  It is presented for portfolio and appreciation purposes only. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...